Monday, January 20, 2025

Today's Track: Shut Your Mouth by Pain

Metal and electronica with an almost frenetic synth line and a wonderfully crunchy chorus – my first descriptor was “lush instrumentation” but it’s a little too hard for that. It’s way too fun to sing/shout along to “shut your mouth!” Catchy as hell.

I got a little obsessed with this track the first time I heard it, and after watching the music video, I developed a total fangirl crush on Peter Tägtgren. You need to see the music video.

Peter Tägtgren is Pain, vocals, all the instruments, production, writing, everything. His stuff sounds lush to me. It’s not a wall of sound, but rather a richness. Pain’s catalog explores a good chunk of metal; many songs are also electronica and some include choral/orchestral elements. You like djent? He’s got djent. Pure choral singing or metal scream? Yes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment