Friday, January 10, 2025

Today's Track

Like so many other people, I’m polyjamorous. I want to share the cool things I love/find, but I’m also curious in exploring the throughlines and the holes in my experience (e.g. my favorite songs are currently by overwhelmingly white dude artists, with very very little rap and R&B). Not all the holes are going to give me new favorites – my favorite rappers are Andre 3000, Snoop, early Atmosphere, and Dre; mumble rap just isn’t my style until/unless I find something with smart, challenging lyrics and an innovate musical line. But still, it’s worth a shot. Fantastic new music is being published every day.


Also, I’m listening to the Hot 100, Billboard lists, and Trending songs because I want to know what the kids these days are listening to. Turns out, the kids still have good taste.


Some of these posts are new things I've found, and some of them are long-time favorites. Either way, I'm using it as excuse to dive deeper in the rest of an artist's catalog; so far, it's usually finding me another few songs I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment